Spelling, Duclair Have Strong Weeks -- Prospect Pool
By Matt Calamia
Each week, BlueshirtsUnited.com will update Rangers fans on what the organization's prospects have done statistically over the past seven days for their respective teams in the AHL, ECHL, NCAA, CHL and European leagues. For a full listing of all prospect statistics, click here.
The second week of December went down as one of the most productive of the seasons for Rangers prospects around the world, namely in Quebec and Denmark, lead by forwards Anthony Duclair and Thomas Spelling.
Duclair registered three goals — a hat trick — and one assist in two games this week for the Quebec Remparts of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. The 2013 third-round pick now has 27 goals and 19 assists for 46 points in just 33 games this year, putting him currently tied for ninth in the QMJHL in scoring.
Across the pond in Denmark, right winger Thomas Spelling had one of the best weeks of the season for Sonderjyske, picking up three goals and four assists in three games. The Rangers’ 2012 fifth-round draft pick has 12 goals and 15 assists through 22 games this year.
American Hockey League
- Despite not getting the results as a team, the Hartford Wolf Pack received several strong performances this week, led by forward J.T. Miller, who continues to shine at the American Hockey League level. The 2011 first-round pick registered two goals and an assist in two games for the ‘Pack, giving him seven goals and two assists in eight games this year with Hartford. His seven goals trails just Danny Kristo’s 11 for the team lead, though Miller has played in 16 fewer games.
- Speaking of Kristo, his first year of professional hockey continues to be a good one, as he picked up a goal and an assist in two games this week for Hartford. The 23-year-old right winger has compiled 11 goals and nine assists in 24 games this year to lead the Wolf Pack in all three offensive categories.
- Forward Marek Hrivik scored one goal this week, while defenseman Conor Allen had two assists in two games.
- Forward Michael St. Croix scored two goals and two assists in two games with the ECHL’s Greenville Road Warriors this week. The 2011 fourth-round pick has four goals and eight assists in 13 games for Greenville this season.
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League
- Rangers 2013 fourth-round pick Ryan Graves scored a goal and two assists this week for Charlotteville of the QMJHL. The gritty defenseman now has three goals, seven assists and 50 penalty minutes in 34 games.